The T.Buck Suzuki Foundation is pleased to announce the Buck Suzuki Legacy Scholarshisp. We will be offering several annual scholarships of $1000 starting for the 2016-2017 academic year, open to students studying disciplines relevant to the work of the foundation. In addition to this funding, the successful applicant will be connected with a mentor from the T.Buck Suzuki Foundation to help with guidance through their academic endeavours.
- Please provide a letter outlining what challenges you are most concerned with and how your studies may help create a better future.
- This letter should be no more than four pages.
Eligible candidates must:
- Show that at least one parent is employed in the BC fishing industry, or is a member of Unifor (the fisherman’s union UFAWU is part of Unifor).
- Be enrolled in or entering an undergraduate or graduate program with a focus in marine biology, marine ecology, fish biology, fisheries science, social justice, community health sciences, or natural resource management in a Canadian institution.
- Describe their relationship to the fishing community and / or fish habitat protection.
Eligible candidates may also provide:
- Letters of reference
- High school or university transcripts
- Demonstrate academic achievement, creative accomplishment, community service and leadership.
- A list of accomplishments (awards, presentations, publications, work experience, public service, etc.)
Please submit all scholarship application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2016. If you prefer to print hard copies, please send to:
Attn: Allison Stocks
TBuck Suzuki Foundation
90-425 Carrall Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 6E3
Deadline: We welcome applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee before the start of each academic term.